Sunday, November 12, 2006

If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you. -Oscar Wilde

November 13, 2006

Good morning. I wish I had a cohesive, verbal reality for what I have been feeling, but I don’t. That is okay. That is when things just get typed, and they do what they may.

There have been many fantastic transitions over the past month. I am seeing things differently. I am convinced that they are all connected somehow.

For my age, where I am, who I am, what I am, and why I am here- I am pleasantly convinced that this is just about as good as it gets. Oh, I know it will get better… but for now, this is it. I open and close each day with the satisfaction that all of this is a blessing, and it must be taken care of.

I am involved in a relationship with someone who makes me feel like I just woke up. Someone who makes me feel like I just ascended the main stairs at the Met on a sunny Saturday. Someone who makes me feel like the subway just pulled in as I stepped onto the platform, there are two empty seats, and it is going express to my stop. Someone who makes me feel that everything is in sync. He makes me feel like the curtain has just gone up, time has stopped for questions, and that the imagination is not insane, but appropriately active. I am lucky.

I have begun a new job with a progressive startup company. Was very glad to leave the old gig. As my mother taught me to say “bless their hearts…”. In this case, Harts. The new venture is a young architectural/developmental/design firm in Soho. My creative mind gets tickled there everyday and the after effects of that are evident in almost every other aspect of my life.

School is going well, too. Loving my classes and have been doing well. French is still kicking my ass. I have such a hard time learning another language… maybe I should just immerse myself in it. I want it, and if I can work hard enough, I will get it. I suppose it is never enough…

Family is well. Mother is getting back on track. Father is happy and dating someone wonderful. Brother is wonderfully wrapped up in being engaged and his fiancé is a sweetheart.

My life coach and I have seen some great shows lately. Namely, Cirque du Soleil’s “Delirium”. I adore that company. I worship what they do. I am constantly amazed how they are able to manipulate music, visuals, and the human body. Their creative developers are flawlessly able to create a tangible world for the infinite and imaginative. Everyone can watch and be affected. It creeps up your spine, taps you on the shoulder, looks you in the eye and asks, “is this real?” and the correct answer is “yes”.



Here are some lyrics that have recently inspired me:

Walk on water, walk on air
Scratch the surface if you date
You’ll go further if you learn to
skim

You can rise above it all
But why walk when you can crawl?
Just be sure always slice it
thin

You can linger in the shallows
Take the bait but never swallow
Close your eyes and never
Question why

Always cooler in the shadows
Why lead when you can follow?
You’ll never lose if you don’t try

Walk on water, walk on air
Scratch the surface if you care
Nothing inside, nothing to hide

It’ll all be so much clearer
Don’t look in the mirror
Lay back, just let yourself slide

Walk on water, walk on air
Scratch the surface if you date
Things go better when you let it slide

There’s a truth in every lie
Lay back, just let it slide
You’ll always be the apple of your eye

“Walk On Water”, Benoit Jutras, Cirque du Soleil’s “Delirium”

You think heaven so high
In the sky
But what you seek can never
Be found
Why can’t you see what’s in front
Of your eyes?
Why can’t you keep your feet on
The ground?

Oh my, you’re way too high
Too high
You’re reaching for the sky
Too high

The quest is never-ending
The darkness fills the sky
You’re crying out for answers
There’s no reply

You can’t go back if all the bridges
are burned
‘cause what you were you can never
become
And once you leave you can
never return
When you’re out there you’ll have
nowhere to run

It’s time to face your demons
There’s nowhere left to hide
You’re at the edge of reason
You’re flying way too high

“Too High”, Robbie Dillon, Cirque du Soleil’s “Delirium”



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Scott. I am glad to hear that my lyrics inspired you. Not everybody gets them, so thanks. I also wrote the Walk on Water lyric. It is one of my favorites, by the way. Like your blog.

Robbie Dillon

3:07 AM  
Blogger This And Others said...

it's not 'date' it's 'dare'. Small typo (sorry). Like your blog.

12:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home