Sunday, February 05, 2006

sunday nite...

I had a very nice time at the Whirled Series or whatever party I attended at my potential colleague Daren and his wife Lisa's super modern industrial chic loft in Brooklyn. Yes, I left the island.

The day began with meeting Bill, on time, at the Joyce Theatre to see Ballet Biarritz- a modern ballet company from France. It was fantastic, refreshing, beautiful... wonderful to see dance again, to see movement, to feel the music, the lights, the bodies, the dormant vocabulary that it re-opened in my mind and imagination.

After that we went to Hog Pit BBQ, behind Vento. I did not pop in the V, I wasn't in the mood. Bill and I had a fantastic meal over even more fantastic conversation.

I headed home, grabbed some beers and put them in a shopping bag, and went to Brooklyn, which brings this little snip-it full circle.

Going forward: tomorrow is very big for me. It should be a long day, full of challenges. I have no idea what to expect, I am nonetheless excited, anxious, nervous, and grinning on the inside.

It is cold and I really miss Jonathan. He is going through interesting times right now, so am I. I just want a hug. There is something insanely comforting by his hugs. I love them. I love him. I hate being so far away from him- it is eating my alive. He is coming to the Big Apple soon, which excites me.

Right now, I think the best thing for me to do is brush my teeth, get naked, and go to bed. Goodnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home