Wednesday, March 08, 2006

What is the purpose of Manhattan? Why do we all want to live here? Is it because it is a condensed copy of the entire world in one tiny over priced island? Even when I walk down the street in the sea of strangers, I feel that I have something in common with each and every one. On the crowded train in the morning- we are all doing the same exact thing- going to work, trying to make a buck, attempting to exist and hopefully succeed in this insane city.

I find that New Yorkers are quite skewed in perspective to the rest of America. Our perceptions of “normal” are unrealistic when you step outside of this island. I am not just speaking of money- but of the size of your sandwich, how much sex you have, what you wear, how often you go out… the whole lifestyle is larger than life.

My little corner of Manhattan is very quiet this time of morning (9:30am). The trees outside my window have no leaves and reveal an awesome sky… I can hear birds and the occasional chatter of someone passing by.

Spending my mornings in the apartment can be good and bad. By it being so relaxed, calm, and quiet, I easily forget that I should be uptown in the midst of the madness. The Lower East Side is my little refuge. Quiet, funky, rough, and trendy…

I think Bush is a coke addict. I honestly believe that he is also an alcoholic. I believe that his care takers and “advisors” (if you can call them that), just give him what he wants… in street or prescription form just to keep him in his little box, doing what he is told. He is so fucked up.

http://mindprod.com/politics/bushismsgay.html

Anyway, enough about that, I am off to study for my NYU Final that I have tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home